Thank you for your hard work!
If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit joshuadavi.es. I can also be reached on LinkedIn. Remember: we have a number of briefings on a variety of public speaking topics- if one area interests you, please feel free to ask.
Public speaking clubs around the world: toastmasters.org The cheapest and best place to improve your speaking!
- My favorite resource: http://www.liberatingstructures.com/ls-menu/
- Overview: http://thetrainingworld.com/resources/Improving_Training_Effectiveness/
- Facilitation tips: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/RoleofAFacilitator.htm
- Great FREE Method cards for workshop planning: https://methodkit.com/shop/methodkit-for-workshop-planning/ (they charge for most toolkits, but this one only is free- see the download at the bottom of the webpage at the link!)
- The Thiagi book I mentioned is: http://www.thiagi.com/thiagi-store/thiagis-interactive-lectures and many (if not all) of the resources are free at: http://thiagi.net/archive/www/games.html (though you'd have to wade through many).
- Interactive slides: http://www.glisser.com/
- Interactive polling: https://www.plickers.com/
TED Talks on presenting:
Get better at speaking!
- Speaking Anxiety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH5GpdMmIO8
- Gestures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53HTS-gxD9w
- Being an expert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLZfjLoPEY
- Impromptu speaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnw168huqA
- Pronunciation/Voice drills (so many!): https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vocal+warm+up+exercises+for+speaking
- Body language in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFLjudWTuGQ
Better PowerPoint Inspiration:
- Socrative.com or polleverywhere.com (interactive polling)
- Duarte Diagrammer: http://www.duarte.com/diagrammer/
- Chart Chooser: http://labs.juiceanalytics.com/chartchooser/index.html
- Slide Chooser: http://extremepresentation.typepad.com/blog/2015/01/announcing-the-slide-chooser.html
Better Image Sources:
Remember: always check for IP rights, and always follow company branding guidelines.
Suggested Books: A small sampling of our favorite books.
- Honest Signals (the science of body language and voice)
- Made to Stick
- The Extreme Presentation Method
- The Secret Language of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire Action Through Narrative
Sentiment Analysis Tools (for analyzing audience):
- https://watson-pi-demo.mybluemix.net/ (best overall)
- https://www.crystalknows.com/ (LinkedIn based)
- http://tonecheck.com/ (good for self analysis of texts)